I'm sorry for no WNWNW this week. I ended up with a sudden ACT student who requested 4 hours of tutoring plus I was attempting to pack and get ready for my trip to LA. I'm currently at the Salt Lake City Airport awaiting my flight into Los Angeles for KCon! I am sooooooo exited to be seeing some of my favorite artists in concert. Be prepared for lots of pictures and new scrapbook pages when I return!
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
I had this paper left over from working on my cling mounted stamp binders. I altered the paper with a bit of ink and stamped a butterfly in the center and embossed. I added a couple of vine stickers and butterfly die cuts. To give it that little extra sparkle I added some Stickles and acrylic gems. It really can be fun using scraps to make cards.
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Another scrap card from me. I took some left over K & Co paper as my background and used a die I ordered a bit ago from: Elizabeth Craft Designs and tried out their double sided adhesive stickers with glitter. They weren't the easiest things to work with, but the birds turned out cute. I ended up adding a bit of Starburst Sprays to the bird cutouts to give it a bit more pop. I added a quote to finish off the card.
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
I made this card awhile back. I took some scrap paper I had and colored it with several different Starburst Stains from Lindy's. I then embossed it and used permanent ink in back over the top. The background was so pretty it took me forever to figure out what else I wanted to do to this card. In the end I added one simple mushroom and a fairy stamped on scrap paper and embossed.
Monday, July 29, 2013
While trying to decide what I wanted to do for the Lindy's Color Challenge this month I started pulling some paper and using Lindy's products on basic cardstock that I had. Because I went with my altered art piece I had all this paper lying around. Here is a quick card I made using blue card stock colored with Afternoon Delight Denim. The paper is DCWV from the Tradewind stack. I used one of the smaller stacks for this. I added a K & Co key and a sticker I had lying around. The card is a shimmery off white card from DCWV.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
I just adore ferrets and have a fun set of stamps from Rubber Headgehog that I like to use periodically. For this card I started out with an embossed card from DCWV and colored it with distress inks. I added a bit of Lindy's Glitz Spritz for added shimmer. I colored the ferret using some watercolor pencils and the sock with Magical Micas. Add a bit of ribbon and a random embellishment and I have a nice simple card.
Saturday, July 20, 2013
My absolute favorite craft company Lindy's Stamp Gang is having a design team call. I've been waiting for this since I learned of them thanks to Kate Palmer's Youtube videos. I just had to enter!
The design team entry called for participating in their July color challenge: Here
I tend to be very ADD about my crafting projects. I don't usually sit down and make a plan. I tend to grab some supplies and just get going. For this project I started with a plan small canvas and added a layer of water color medium to help soak up some of my Starbursts. I then added: Baby Blue Eyes Aqua, Carpathian Bluebells, and Afternoon Delight Denim. I wanted to do some stenciling to the background, but I didn't want to cover up the pretty effect I got with the Starbursts. I had the fun idea to use a small steampunk gear stencil and some white paint to create the look of clouds. to finish off the background portion I used a Basic Grey stamp and some gold ink.
Next I colored a Recollections flower and some leaves with more Starbursts. On the flower I used Poinciana Red Flame and Cajun Carnelian Red. I topped the flower off with some Stickles on the edge of the petals to give it more sparkle. I used Bayou Boogie Gold for the leaves to give it a more steampunk-y feel. I outlined the veins of the leaves using a gold paint pen.
I added a K & Co. key with some gold embossing powder distressed using sea salt and a Lindy's Flying Birdwing Butterfly brass charm embossed with Terra Cotta Rust then some plain gold embossing powder around the edges.
I topped everything off with a Jolee's butterfly sticker and a quote sticker.
I started out with the idea of a really busy canvas with lots of stuff on it, but after creating that background I knew I couldn't cover it up so I went for simple. I absolutely adore how it turned out!