Friday, May 25, 2012
So after a glorious end to the Age of Worms campaign we have started playing Pathfinder's Second Darkness campaign. I made a gnome Ranger who thinks she is a seeress, does a bit of ventriloquism, is convinced she's a ninja, and has a dire weasel as an animal companion. Her name is Lini Blinkindurfer.
I created this cover for my RP'ing folder using Lindy's products for the background, DCWV paper from the Chateau Lavender stack, ferret sticker from hayhedgehoghay, some celtic alphabet stamps, flowers by Petaloo, and some plain Testor acrylics for the arch. I colored Lini using copics, Lindy's products, and some watercolor pencils. All in all I think this turned out cute. I think I'm going to start an art folder for my old characters with the cover sheets and character sheets.
Thursday, May 24, 2012
So I've been AWOL for awhile. I got a bit burnt out on ponies last year and then ended up super busy with school so I didn't have much time or motivation to work on anything.
Here's a pony I started a number of months ago and finally finished it this week. I used a dyed bait I bought off someone awhile back. I printed the wings out on transparency paper and added a bit of glitter. I rehaired her with nylon hair. I altered the pins with glitter and ceramcoat gloss varnish. Her symbol was stamped on with a stamp from www.bombshellstamps.com. I originally tried to use embossing powder but it stuck to the whole pony and not just my embossing ink so I scrapped that. I stamped the image with permanent ink and then painted over it with acrylic paints and inks. I painted the swirls in acrylic inks as well as the eyes with a bit of plain acrylic paint in white. Finally I added some gems around the neck to help with the look of the neck seam, but also to add a bit of sparkle. I added a few gems to the back as well.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Thursday, May 10, 2012
So I finally finished the altered canvas for my friend's birthday. I was waiting on the Prima Mushrooms I used in my other project. The first batch I got were broken so had to have them send me a replacement. I added a few more bits along with the mushrooms and flowers. I think it turned out excellent.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
So I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. I am trying to lose some weight so exercise time is cutting into crafting time, but I'm trying to force myself to get out of bed earlier in the morning. I fully cling mounted all of my stamps (sans-Christmas stamps) so now I have a ton of extra paper in my scrap drawer. Hopefully I'll have a whole slew of scrap cards here soon. Here is a scrap ATC I made. The paper is all scraps as is the transparency. The only pieces not scraps on this piece is the base card, flowers, and mushrooms.
Lindy's Starburst Stains
Lindy's Embossing Powder
Clear Art Stamps
Martha Stewart Glitter
Recollections Habitat Paper
This card was for a swap hosted over at birdnutsmixedmedia. I only had time to make one card, but this month I'm trying for three.
Stay tuned for more finished projects and a special Bombshell Stamps project that I'm finally finishing.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Hello everyone. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things but I also need to do a whole bunch of cleaning an organizing. I've decided to cling mount all of my stamps to save some space so I have a TON of used wood mounting blocks up for sale on eBay. The blocks are in good condition and some are even home made out of high quality oak. So far I have two lots for sale and two more sitting in the wings. Please tell your friends! I need these things gone!