Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Different kind of Bombshell Project

So I've been AWOL for awhile. I got a bit burnt out on ponies last year and then ended up super busy with school so I didn't have much time or motivation to work on anything.

Here's a pony I started a number of months ago and finally finished it this week. I used a dyed bait I bought off someone awhile back. I printed the wings out on transparency paper and added a bit of glitter. I rehaired her with nylon hair. I altered the pins with glitter and ceramcoat gloss varnish. Her symbol was stamped on with a stamp from I originally tried to use embossing powder but it stuck to the whole pony and not just my embossing ink so I scrapped that. I stamped the image with permanent ink and then painted over it with acrylic paints and inks. I painted the swirls in acrylic inks as well as the eyes with a bit of plain acrylic paint in white. Finally I added some gems around the neck to help with the look of the neck seam, but also to add a bit of sparkle. I added a few gems to the back as well.

1 comment:

  1. She's lovely! You put a lot of work and creatvity into her. You have a very nice blog. And, coincidentally, I've been a scrapbooker and stamper for many years, and my daughter is a huge My Little Pony fan. I'll have to show her this lovely creation of yours.