Thursday, September 22, 2011

Country Journal Page

I've been having fun creating cute backgrounds to write on top of. I've particularly been enjoying using all these stencils I've had lying around but don't use for cards or scrapbooking much.


For this page I started with some Scattered Straw Distress Ink and used a blending tool to put it on the paper. After that I added some Tea Dye. To help the colors meld together I spritzed it with water. After it dried I used a basket weave stencil and some Lindy's Red Hot Poker Orange and created a few spots. I then applied some more water to help it blend into the page better. I finished off the page by using some Magical Micas in Witch's Potion Purple, and Freaky Frankin Lime to stencil in the grapes and leaves. I then sprayed that with water. The basket pattern in the orange seems more like bricks to me, as if there are some bricks peaking out from a stucco finish on an old Italian building.

My writing journal shows how A.D.D. I can be with my crafting. One card might look very antique while another will be very cutsie and bright. I'm not the kind of person who makes a lot of cards similar to one another unless I really like how one looks or I end up with a lot of one kind of paper. I like doing tons of different techniques and styles. This way I am never bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment