Sunday, August 7, 2011

Challenge Card - Distress and Breaking all the Rules!


This first card I am entering in two challenges the first is StampTV's Mix it up Monday challenge: Breaking all the Rules. I used several clashing patterns, I added 2 different brads and angled my images. This card is also for a Dream Valley Challenge. The theme is distress. I distressed the base card using some Tim Holtz inks and some stencils as well. All of the patterned paper was altered using Lindy's Stamp Gang products. I used a bunch of the Moon Shadow Mists and just a little bit of Starburst Stains. I also added some Lindy's to the flowers to change the look. I added a little bit of black Tim Holtz ink as well to bring out the copper Thinking of You image. My favorite part of this card was the super cool Tim Holtz embossing folder I found at Jo-ann's. It came in a pack of three cards. I love the look over the Cordinations Tim Holtz paper and inked up in Black Soot. I will probably be using those folders a lot on my antique themed cards.




1 comment:

  1. Fab card! Love the embossing!!!! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete