Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stargate Scrapbook Pages!






I am so excited about these scrapbook pages. I haven't mentioned it yet, but I am a total nerd! I love the show Stargate SG1 and while I was in college (the first time around) I created several clay pieces based on the show.

I struggled to come up with an idea of the background for scrapbook pages since there are no Stargate scrapbook kits out there. My initial idea was just to use plain black pages with green and grey to matte my photos on. I then had an epiphany! I have the Martha Stewart circle cutter so I used it to create a couple of two inch rings to create a paper Stargate. I then cut some 11 inch circles and used distress techniques as well as the Breakfast Club Blue Starburst Spray by Lindystampgang. I added a little pearl paint to the centers to mimic the "actual" Stargate. For the title page I didn't have enough grey paper so I just traced one on and painted it with Pearlex pigments. I painted the center with Pearlex Pigments, Magical Micas, and some acrylic inks. I also covered the sticker letters with gold and silver Alcohol Inks by Ranger to change them from green to metallic.

I added the finished scrapbook pages as well as the pages with just the Stargates on them. This was an interesting product and I'm glad I came up with a creative solution to my problem.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a Stargate fan, however your scrapbook page is AWESOME!! I love how you created your own layout to show off your ceramic pieces. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete